PROMISE Vess A2330
NVR Storage Solutions Designed for Surveillance
Our Price: $4,050.00
Our Price: $5,225.00
The Vess A2000 Series are high performance NVR storage appliances for IP video surveillance designed for installations of up to over one hundred full-HD IP cameras. As a fully certified solution optimized for surveillance video recording, the Vess A2000 Series dramatically reduces the costs and complexity of video surveillance deployments.
Optimized for surveillance
Vess NVR server and storage appliances are custom built to offer the highest levels of performance for IP video surveillance. Promise is active in all of the key video surveillance segments and is able to provide a solution for deployments of any size.
Reduces costs and complexity
Vess NVR appliances reduce support and equipment costs because there is no separate RAID storage unit to manage, eliminating the need for a server, controller cards, external cables, and a separate storage enclosure. Additionally, Vess NVR appliances reduce interoperability conflicts caused when integrating different hardware.
Certified by surveillance partners
Vess NVR appliances are fully compatible with a range of VMS including Aimetis, Axxonsoft, CamIQ, CSVi, OnSSI, SeeTec, Genetec, and Milestone and IP cameras from the leading providers.
Highly integrated with smooth scalability
An SDK library is provided for VMS UI and management integration. Plus, Vess supports the Milestone VMS plug-in enabling it to be managed via the XProtect interface. Additionally, you can easily expand via iSCSI by adding Promise external storage.
A collection of unique features designed to provide the highest level of service and overcome performance bottlenecks to allow Vess NVRs to handle a higher number of IP cameras than competing solutions.
- Predictive Playback - utilizes idle recording times to monitor read patterns to predict where the next playback will be needed so the hard disk drives are not competing with the workload of the system.
- Remote Active Service – takes all worries away by proactively detecting when PSU, controllers or HDDs are going into critical condition and automatically notifying Promise support so the customer can be contacted, spare parts can be sent out or the unit can be powered up after an outage - vitally important in environments that cannot risk downtime.
- Sequential Pattern Recording - eliminates the heavy workloads caused by random write patterns as this feature monitors recording patterns and collects data in the cache buffer and only writes data to the drives once a full stripe is ready. This creates a sequential recording pattern which offers the smoothest performance.
With just a few clicks of the Promise online planning tool you can easily get the whole picture of what you need for your project, including the NVR and storage requirements, how to configure the servers and storage and see a topology of the interconnecting systems with the most popular and recommended settings.
NVR Storage Appliance for IP Video Surveillance
The Vess A2000 Series is built to be the best video surveillance storage solution on the market. Delivering reliable and stable performance for surveillance video recording, especially when the arrays is in a critical state or during rebuild which is key to eliminating frame dropping, the Vess A2000 Series is ideal for installations of up to over a hundred full-HD IP cameras, making it perfect for banking, retail, gaming, manufacturing, and many more industries.
Reduces Deployment Costs and Complexity
The Vess A2000 Series reduces support and equipment costs because there is no separate RAID storage unit to manage, eliminating the need for a server, controller cards, external cables, and a separate storage enclosure. Additionally, the Vess A2000 Series reduces interoperability conflicts caused when integrating different hardware.
Mid to Large Range Storage Solutions with 3rd Party VMS
The Vess Series has been certified and tested with the world’s leading video management software, including Milestone, Genetec, CamIQ, and AxxonSoft, delivering the highest levels of compatibility and performance. This provides a complete solution at a great price point, ensuring that customers' expectations for excellence, performance, and scalability are met.
Easy to Use Management Interface
The A2000 Series can be managed conveniently over the network connection using the user-friendly browser-based GUI, or the text-based command line network terminal interface. Alternatively you can manage it out-of-band with a VGA or HDMI monitor and USB keyboard to access the text- based command line interface.
Outstanding Track Record of Reliability
Reliability is paramount for surveillance deployments in order to protect property, assets or even the safety of individuals. The Vess A2000 Series features the PROMISE RAID engine, which has been battle-tested in countless mission critical applications around the globe. With its incredible track record for reliable video data management and storage, the Vess Series is ideal for users requiring an extremely reliable and safe data center for video archive protection.
Features and Benefits:
- NVR appliance for small-sized IP video surveillance deployments such as retail stores, clinics, classrooms and gas stations.
- Reliable and easy to set up.
- Excellent value for a high-performance recording server system
- Perfect for up to 32 IP cameras
- Out of the box solution
- 3 year warranty – can extend to 5 years
- 2U 6-bay rackmount chassis
- Easily add Promise storage to expand capacity
- SmartBoost Technologies: Unique technologies which allow the systems to handle a much higher number of IP cameras:
- Predictive Playback - Utilizes idle recording times to monitor read patterns to predict where the next playback will be needed so the hard disk drives are not competing with the workload of the system.
- Sequential Pattern Recording - Eliminates the heavy workloads caused by random write patterns. Monitors recording patterns and collects data in the cache buffer and only writes data to the drives once a full stripe is ready, creating a sequential recording pattern with the smoothest performance.
- Reduces Deployment Costs and Complexity: Reduces support and equipment costs because there is no separate RAID storage unit to manage, eliminating the need for an extra server, controller cards, external cables, and a separate storage enclosure.
- Open Platform: Compatible with a range of VMS including Aimetis, Axxonsoft, CamlQ, CSVi, Digifort, OnSSI, SeeTec, Genetec, and Milestone and IP cameras from Axis, Bosch, Samsung and Sony.
- Milestone XProtect Plug-in: Makes storage management significantly more convenient for users as the Vess GUI is embedded in the XProtect application and runs as an integrated part of the software.
- Surveillance Project Design Tool: Helps determine the overall installation requirement of a given project by calculating total storage space, bandwidth needed, recording server and external storage requirements
- Smooth Scalability: Easily expand via iSCSI by adding Promise Vess R2000 storage with built-in SmartBoost Technology either for live recording on external storage or for archiving.
- Easy Management & Serviceability: Hot swappable drive bays, redundant power supplies, & One Plug Auto Service
Ideal Customer Profile
- IP video surveillance deployments
- Surveillance customers who need to store data for anywhere from several weeks to years
- Looking for an IP video surveillance solution that is inexpensive and easy to deploy
Typical Customer Needs
- Best price/performance
- Low latency recording
- Easy to deploy, use and maintain
- Failsafe data protection
- Easy to scale as needs grow
Typical Customer Pain Points
- Applying storage designed for IT in surveillance applications
- Dropped video frames
- Difficulty in administering & maintaining storage solutions
- Too expensive
- Integrating hardware and software from several different vendors
Typical Use Cases
- Ideal for IP video surveillance deployments of any size and in any industry
|Vess A2200||Vess A2600||Vess A2330||Vess A3340|
|Camera Range||32-64||64-128||Up to 35*||Up to 80*|
|Form Factor||2U, 19" Rackmount||3U, 19" Rackmount||2U, 19" Rackmount||2U, 19" Rackmount|
|Number Of Drives||6 Drives (3.5")||16 Drives (3.5")||6 Drives (3.5")||8 Drives (3.5")|
|Drive Type||SATA (6Gb/s* or 3Gb/s), NCQ, TCQ, Hot Swappable||SATA|
|# of Controllers||Single||Single||Single||Single|
|System Processor||Intel Core i3||Intel Xeon E3||Intel Celeron J1900||Intel Xeon E3|
|System Memory||4GB Default (Max 16GB)||8GB Default (Max 16GB)|
|I/O Interface||4x Gigabit Ethernet||4x Gigabit Ethernet||2x Gigabit Ethernet||2x Gigabit Ethernet|
|Max # of HDDs Supported||Up to 118 drives through iSCSI & JBOD expansion||Up to 128 drives through iSCSI & JBOD expansion||Up to 118 drives through iSCSI & JBOD expansion||Up to 120 drives through iSCSI & JBOD expansion|
|# of USB Ports||4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0||4x USB 2.0||4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0||6x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0|
|PCI Express Ports||1x 16-lane Gen 2.0 PCIe,
2x 8-lane Gen 2.0 PCIe
|1x 16-lane Gen 2.0 PCIe,
3x 8-lane Gen 2.0 PCIe
|N/A||1 x PCIe 3.0 x 8
1 x PCIe 3.0 x 4
|Graphics||D-sub VGA and HDMI||D-sub and HDMI||D-sub, HDMI and Display Port|
|Serial Interfaces||2x RS-232C (D-sub 9-pin)||3x RS-232||1x RS-232|
|Audio & Microphone||2x 3.5mm Audio Jack||2x 3.5mm Audio Jack||3x 3.5mm Audio Jack + SPDIF|
|Sensor Input/Alarm Output|
|Sensor In||Compatible w/ DC3.3V to 24V, photo coupler input x 8|
|Alarm Out||Max. DC 24V/1A, mechanical relay output x 8|
|RAID Operational Features|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10 (0+1), 30, 50
Any combination can exist at the same time
|0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10 (0+1), 30, 50, 60
Any combination can exist at the same time
|0, 1,1E, 3, 5, 6, 10 (0+1), 30, 50; Any Combination can exist at the same time||0, 1,1E, 3, 5, 6, 10 (0+1), 30, 50; Any Combination can exist at the same time|
|Hot Spares||Multiple global or dedicated hot-spare drives with revertible option|
|Max. LUNs per System/Array||256/32|
|Preloaded OS (64-bit)||Windows Embedded Standard 7 Runtime (WS7P), Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or Linux||Windows Embedded Standard 7|
|Management Tools||Graphical UI/SNMP via Ethernet, CLI/CLU via Ethernet or Graphics, OPAS Service via USB, SDK or API for Integration|
|Appliance Mode||Surveillance Optimization @ Arrays in Normal and Degrade|
|Event Notification||Email, SNMP, Buzzer, LEDs|
|AC Input||100 ~ 240 VAC, 60 ~ 50Hz|
|Current (Maximum)||4A (100V); 2A (240V)||1.1A||2.5A|
|Power Supply||Three redundant 250W, Energy-efficient 80PLUS Certified, 90-264V full-ranging w/PFC, Hot swappable N+1 Design||250W||350W|
|BTU||1288 BTU/hr||1729 BTU/hr||375.43 BTU/h||853.25 BTU/h|
|Fan||Hot swappable design||Hot swappable design||Swappable||Redundant|
|Temperature||5° ~ 40°C (-40° ~ 60°C non-operational)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||88.2 x 446.2 x 400 mm (3.5 x 17.6 x 15.7 in)||130.1 x 446.2 x 461 mm (5.1 x 17.6 x 18.1 in)||88.2 x 446.2 x 400 mm (3.5 x 17.6 x 15.7 in)||88.2 x 446.2 x 400 mm (3.5 x 17.6 x 15.7 in)|
|Weight||10.4kg(22.9 lbs) w/o drives,
14.9kg (32.8lbs) w/drives
|15.9kg(35.1 lbs) w/o drives,
27.9kg (61.5lbs) w/drives
|6.8kg (14.96 lbs) w/o drives,
10.94kg (24.1 lbs) w/drives
|7.38kg (16.23 lbs) w/o drives,
12.9kg (28.38 lbs) w/drives
|Safety/EMI||CE, FCC Class A, BSMI, CB, KC, UL/cUL, CCC||FCC/CE/VCCI/RCM/BSMI/UL/cUL/Nemko|
|Warranty and Support|
|Warranty||3 years limited warranty|
|Optional Accessories||Sliding Rail, 2/4/8GB DDR3 Memory|
*Hard disk drive still runs at 3Gb/s speed
Left Angle View
Right Angle View
Download the PROMISE Vess A2000 Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Vess A-Class Series includes: Enclosure w/Drives, 3 Power cords for US, Quick Start Guide, Product CD, Rack Mount Kit, Bezel, Riser Card (Vess A2600 only)
Our Price: $4,050.00
Our Price: $5,225.00
Our Price: $365.00
Our Price: $470.00
Our Price: $700.00